Effective as of September 08, 2020
Legal Basis for Processing Your Data
If you are a European Resident, we process your personal data when:
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data for marketing activities, to conduct data analytics, and/or to provide our services.
- We need to do so to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- We need to do so to protect your vital interests or those of others.
- We have your consent to do so, which you may withdraw at any time.
Data Subject Requests
Questions or Complaints in Relation to Your Data
If you are a European Resident and have a concern about how we process personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you live. For contact details of your relevant local Data Protection Authority, please visit here or, if you are a resident of Switzerland, here.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires we disclose the following information with respect to our collection, use, and disclosure of your data.
Categories of Personal Data Collected and Disclosed
We collect and disclose the following categories of personal data: identifiers; commercial information; demographic information (note that some demographic information may be considered characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law); internet or electronic network activity; geolocation data; and other categories of personal data that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of the precise data points we collect, please see “Information We Collect.”
We may share each category of personal data listed above with the third parties as described in the “How We Share Your Information” section.
Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting and Using Data
We collect each category of personal data listed above for the business or commercial purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section.
If you are a Canadian resident, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) requires companies to obtain user consent prior to collecting personal information and to safeguard that information upon its collection. Additionally, users have the right to access and correct their personal information.
Users may contact the Bridger Photonics Privacy Officer by phone or email, as provided at the end of this Policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Website, such as sending us an email message. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT DIRECTLY
We limit the information we collect to include only what is necessary to run our business and improve your user experience. We collect the information you provide directly to us, such as when you ask to receive emails or submit a contact form. This includes personally identifiable information, such as your first and last name, mailing address, email address, phone number, employer, and job title.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT BY AUTOMATED MEANS
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Bridger Photonics pages, or register with Bridger Photonics Website or services, a cookie helps Bridger Photonics to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Bridger Photonics Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Bridger Photonics features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of the Bridger Photonics Website.
The information we collect automatically may include:
- URLs that refer visitors to our Website;
- Search terms used to reach our Website;
- Details about the emails we send, such as opens, clicks, and unsubscribes;
- Details about the devices that are used to access our Website (such as IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information);
- Details about your interaction with our Website (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits to our Website, referral activity, and which emails you may have opened);
- Usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our Website).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Bridger Photonics collects and uses your personal information to operate its website and deliver the services you have requested (for example, to collect a contact request form).
We only process personal information after considering the potential risks to your privacy--for example, by providing clear transparency into our privacy practices, offering you control over your personal information where appropriate, limiting the information we keep, limiting what we do with your information, who we send your information to, how long we keep your information, or the technical measures we use to protect your information.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Bridger Photonics does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Bridger Photonics may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Bridger Photonics, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Bridger Photonics may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Bridger Photonics Website; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Bridger Photonics; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Bridger Photonics, or the public.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FOR ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS PURPOSES
This information may be used by Bridger Photonics and others to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of content, deliver advertising through remarketing, and better understand your online activity. Remarketing customizes display ads for users who have previously visited the Bridger Photonics Website. Using collected data, these ads are tailored to fit your interests.
Opting Out of Cookies and Targeted Advertising
In addition to these methods, European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising through the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
We believe you should be able to access and control your personal information no matter where you live. Depending on how you interact with our Website, you may have the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, restrict, or object to certain uses of your personal information (for example, direct marketing).
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
To request the deletion of your data, please reach out to Bridger Photonics via one of the contact methods listed at the end of this Policy.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Bridger Photonics secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure through the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. When personal information (such as an email address) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of SSL protocol encryption.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Website cannot be guaranteed.
This Website contains links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Website and to read the privacy policies of any other website that collects personally identifiable information.
CHILDREN UNDER THIRTEEN
Bridger Photonics does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this Website.
From time to time, Bridger Photonics may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from Bridger Photonics, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE button.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
BRIDGER PHOTONICS, INC.
2310 University Way, Building 4-4
Bozeman, Montana 59715
Email Address: info [at] bridgerphotonics.com
Telephone number: +1.406.585.2774
Or, reach our Privacy Officer directly at:
coryn.johnson [at] bridgerphotonics.com
406.585.2774 Extension: 131