Software and Algorithms Engineer
OVERVIEW OF BRIDGER PHOTONICS, INC.
Bridger Photonics, Inc. (Bridger) innovates LiDAR sensors and analytics to solve challenging industrial problems for the Oil & Gas and Industrial Manufacturing industries. We were founded in 2006 based on a core LiDAR technology. For shorter ranges, we develop state-of-the-art custom and standard precision LiDAR products to enable new measurement capabilities using Precision Industrial LiDAR. For longer ranges, our airborne LiDAR sensors are transforming the way the Oil & Gas industry discovers and manages natural gas (methane) leaks.
Located in the heart of southwestern Montana’s Rocky Mountains, Bozeman, Montana offers unrivaled outdoor opportunities for skiing, hiking, climbing, biking, rafting, and camping. Yellowstone National Park is just a 1 ½ hour drive from our doorstep. Our community also offers an exceptional educational system and many cultural and sporting events.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
Bridger Photonics, Inc., seeks a Software Engineer to significantly contribute to their research and product development efforts pertaining to state-of-the art distance measurement, gas sensing, and advanced imaging technologies.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Contributing significantly to a team of engineers, scientists, and technicians on new technology development from conception through R&D to production of reliable commercial products
- Developing algorithms and work flows for analyzing large geospatial data sets
- Developing user interfaces in both web-based and Windows applications
- Maintenance and documentation of software applications
- Updating and version control of software packages
- Integrating applications with and/or managing large databases in both cloud and local environments
- Developing software packages for real-time visualization of imagery gathered with lidar sensors
- Creating software test procedures
- Writing technical reports
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- >3 years of hands-on programming experience in a standard language such as C#, Java, etc.
- Experience with data fitting, physical modeling, statistical analysis and/or machine learning algorithms
- Experience with SQL and relational database management systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing with coworkers and customers
- Willingness to work extremely hard and efficiently in fast-paced research and development environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and in team settings to solve challenging problems
- Experience analyzing and visualizing geospatial data
- Experience with Matlab, Python or other scripted languages
- Experience developing user interfaces
- This is a full-time, salaried position. Occasional travel is necessary and the typical work week consists of 45 hours
- Salary is commensurate with education, experience, and skills, and we offer excellent health, dental, and retirement benefits
- Bridger Photonics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, disability, sex, familial status, or national origin
- U.S. citizenship required.
For full consideration, please submit the following by December 4, 2020: (a) cover letter identifying the position you are applying for and your interest in the job, (b) resume, and (c) four professional references. Please submit application materials via email with the job title in the subject line to: hr [at] bridgerphotonics.com