Software and Algorithms Engineer
OVERVIEW OF BRIDGER PHOTONICS, INC.
Bridger Photonics is a recognized world leader in coherent, high-resolution, absolute distance measurement and imaging technologies.
We create sound and innovative solutions together with our customers and partners to meet their Metrology and Security & Defense
objectives. We are driven by a desire to create innovative distance measurement products that advance society and significantly
enhance our customers’ measurement capabilities.
Located in the heart of southwestern Montana’s Rocky Mountains, Bozeman, Montana offers unrivaled outdoor opportunities for skiing, hiking, climbing, biking, rafting, and camping. Yellowstone National Park is just a 1 ½ hour drive from our doorstep. Our community also offers an exceptional educational system and many cultural and sporting events.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
Bridger Photonics, Inc., seeks a Software Engineer to significantly contribute to their research and product development
efforts pertaining to state-of-the art distance measurement, gas sensing, and advanced imaging technologies.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Contributing significantly to a team of engineers, scientists, and technicians on new
technology development from conception through R&D to production of reliable commercial products, developing algorithms and
work flows for analyzing large geospatial data sets, developing user interfaces in both web-based and Windows applications,
developing software for producing and visualizing geospatial data product, maintenance and documentation of software applications.
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field,
- >3 years of hands-on programming experience in a standard language such as C#, Java, etc.,
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing with coworkers and customers,
- Willingness to work extremely hard and efficiently in fast-paced research and development environment,
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and in team settings to solve challenging problems.
- Experience analyzing and visualizing geospatial data,
- Experience with geospatial data standards such as KML, GeoTiff, Postgis, File Geodatabase, and Well-Known Binary,
- Experience with Matlab, Python or other scripted languages,
- Experience developing user interfaces,
- Experience with ArcGIS,
- Experience with SQL.
- This is a full-time, salaried position. Occasional travel is necessary, and the typical work week consists of 45 hours.
- This position is based at Bridger’s facility in Bozeman, MT and is not a remote work position.
- Salary is commensurate with education, experience, and skills, and we offer excellent health, dental, and retirement benefits.
- Bridger Photonics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, disability, sex, familial status, or national origin. U.S. citizenship required.
For full consideration, please submit the following by June 18, 2021: (a) cover letter identifying the position you are applying for and your interest in the job, (b) resume, and (c) two professional references. Please submit application materials via email with the job title in the subject line to: hr [at] bridgerphotonics.com