Data Processing Technician
OVERVIEW OF BRIDGER PHOTONICS, INC.
Bridger Photonics, Inc. (Bridger) creates and deploys innovative LiDAR sensors and analytics for the Oil & Gas and Industrial Metrology industries. We were founded in 2006 based on a core LiDAR technology. Our airborne LiDAR sensors are transforming the way the Oil & Gas industry is detecting and managing natural gas leaks.
Located in the heart of southwestern Montana’s Rocky Mountains, Bozeman, Montana offers unrivaled outdoor opportunities for skiing, hiking, climbing, biking, rafting, and camping. Yellowstone National Park is just a 1 ½ hour drive from our doorstep. Our community also offers an exceptional educational system and many cultural and sporting events.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
Bridger Photonics, Inc., a rapidly growing photonics company specializing in precision laser-based distance measurement, ladar, and lidar sensors, seeks a Data Processing Technician to contribute primarily to the deployment of our Gas Mapping LiDAR (GML), including data processing, report generation, quality control of deliverables, and deployment planning and logistics.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Building a solid understanding of our GML sensor hardware, software, and processing
- Processing sensor data and generating GML reports and data products
- Performing quality assurance checks on GML reports and data products
- Contributing to improvements in systems and workflows for creating GML reports and data products
- Using Bridger’s custom software and commercially available mapping software to create and optimize flight paths for deploying airborne LiDAR scans
- Assist with the job bid process
- Presenting GML sensor data to coworkers and possibly customers
- Troubleshooting issues with GML data products, reports and/or software tools with coworkers
- Briefing customers to help them understand and use GML data products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with coworkers and customers,
- Excellent work ethic with the willingness to tackle all tasks necessary for meeting client expectations
- Work hard and efficiently in fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently on assigned projects
- Careful attention to detail with the ability to produce error-free documents and reports
- Proficient Microsoft Excel user,
- Experience using common file formats such as .pdf, .csv, .jpg, .png, .tif
- Experience with GIS data and software applications such as Google Earth, QGIS, ArcGIS
- Experience with Matlab mathematical computation software
- Experience with project planning and/or logistics planning
- B.S. or B.A. in Engineering, Physics, or equivalent field with demonstrated data analysis experience
- >2 years of direct hands-on experience in a field related to GIS data and reporting
- Applicants will be considered for both Part-Time and Full-Time positions. Occasional travel may be necessary.
- Salary is commensurate with education, experience, and skills. Bridger Photonics, Inc. offers excellent health, dental, and retirement benefits for full-time employees.
- Bridger Photonics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, disability, sex, familial status, or national origin. U.S. citizenship required.
For full consideration, please submit the following by September 27, 2021: (a) cover letter identifying the position you are applying for and your interest in the job, (b) resume, and (c) two relevant professional references. Please submit application materials via email with the job title in the subject line to: hr [at] bridgerphotonics.com