Embedded Systems Engineer
OVERVIEW OF BRIDGER PHOTONICS, INC.
At Bridger Photonics, Inc. (Bridger) we create and deploys innovative LiDAR sensors and analytics to enable clean, safe, and streamlined oil & gas operations by providing actionable data for methane emissions reduction. Located in the heart of southwestern Montana’s Rocky Mountains, Bozeman, Montana offers unrivaled outdoor opportunities for skiing, hiking, climbing, biking, rafting, and camping. Yellowstone National Park is just a 1-½ hour drive from our doorstep. Our community also offers an exceptional educational system and many cultural and sporting events.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
Bridger Photonics, Inc., seeks an Embedded Systems Engineer to significantly contribute to their research and product development efforts pertaining to state-of-the-art distance measurement, gas sensing, and advanced imaging technologies.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Contributing significantly to a team of engineers, scientists, and technicians on new technology development from conception through R&D to the production of reliable commercial products
- Efficient development and debugging of FPGA logic and embedded code
- Controlling and versioning of software and firmware packages
- Developing logic and firmware for real-time processing and exploitation of 3D imagery gathered with lidar sensors
- Creating software and firmware test procedures
- Developing algorithms and processing data
- Writing technical reports
- Preparing and giving customer presentations
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field,
- >2 years FPGA programming experience, preferably for Xilinx including SDK, Vivado, Vitis, HLS,
- Demonstrated hands-on programming experience in languages including C, C++, VHDL/Verilog, python,
- Real-time embedded processor programming experience (ARM, MCU, etc.),
- Demonstrated competency interfacing software with hardware components such as ADCs, DACs,
- Familiar with communication protocols such as UART, SPI, I2C, USB, Ethernet,
- Experience working with oscilloscopes and logic analyzers, able to debug both hardware and firmware issues,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with customers for troubleshooting
and product development purposes,
- Excellent work ethic with the willingness to work hard and efficiently in a fast-paced environment,
- Ability to take initiative and work independently on assigned projects.
- Experience using Linux in embedded systems,
- Experience with algorithm development and computational numerical methods,
- Experience with digital signal processing using GPU hardware and CUDA programming,
- Expertise in Matlab,
- Demonstrated expertise and proficiency with Altium or similar electrical design software.
- This is a full-time, salaried position
- Salary is commensurate with education, experience, and skills
- Occasional travel may be necessary
- Bridger Photonics, Inc. offers excellent health, dental, and retirement benefits
- Bridger Photonics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, disability, sex, familial status, or national origin. U.S. citizenship required
For full consideration, please submit the following by Friday, January 21, 2022: (a) cover letter identifying the position you are applying for and your interest in the job, (b) resume, and (c) two relevant professional references that Bridger can contact. Early submissions are encouraged. Please submit application materials via email with the job title in the subject line to: hr [at] bridgerphotonics.com